Last updated on August 25th, 2018 at 05:22 am
Writer’s block is real for all bloggers. I personally think that coming up with lifestyle blog post ideas is a lot easier than most blogs. After all, these niche blogs are not very specific. So I thought it’d be fun to come up with 171 topics for a lifestyle blog are meant to last you all year long.
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you
Do you really want to be a blogger but have been putting it off because you have no clue what it takes to create a blog from scratch? It’s not as hard as some people think it is.
How to Come Up With Lifestyle Blog Topics?
One of the cool things about these types of blogs is that you’re basically letting people into your life. This means that you can write about pretty much anything.
Unlike bloggers who have a blog in a tight niche, you get a little more leniency. Sometimes I wish I would’ve started in a broad niche like this.
Maybe you’ve wondered what type of blog you should start? We all do it at one point or another. In fact, many people don’t start their blog right away because they think that there is a perfect niche that they should start in.
The truth is that you can make money in pretty much any niche as long as you understand what your audience needs and give it to them.
So how do you come up with topics you can write about? Well, you can round up some of your favorite bloggers and see what they have written on their posts.
If you still don’t know what these types of blogs are. I’ve answered the question “what is a lifestyle blog” and even show you some great blogs in this niche that you can follow.
171 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas to Grow Your Blog
Be sure to bookmark these topics so you can refer back to them throughout the year. If you don’t write a new post every day then this list of blog post ideas will last you more than a year.
Either way, it’s a great way to get your creative juices flowing so you can come up with even better ideas. This list of lifestyle blog topics won’t be in any particular order just so you know.
- What to wear during the Summer.
- Your favorite fashion pieces from the current season.
- Write a book review.
- Tell us about your monthly goals.
- DIY gift ideas
- How you find bargains at your favorite stores.
- What to wear on casual Friday’s.
- How to bake a DIY football cake.
- Teaching your kids the importance of marine life.
- How you pay your bills on one income.
- What your best diaper bag is and why.
- Where to go on vacation with kids.
- A heartfelt letter to your father.
- A heartfelt letter to your mother.
- How you decorated your baby nursery.
- What types of flowers to plant in the spring.
- Your favorite blogging ebooks you’ve read and why.
- Write a blog post about your favorite cocktails.
- Share your favorite quotes with your readers.
- Your bucket list ideas.
- A review of the last movie you watched.
- How you stay positive when things aren’t going your way.
- Free social media technology to help you grow your blog.
- How to stay in shape as an entrepreneur.
- Your biggest challenges as a blogger and what you’re doing to overcome them.
- The day in the life as a blogger.
- Share your blogging wins with your readers no matter how big or small.
- Why SEO is Important for your blog. (Here’s an SEO checklist you can start using)
- How you SEO your blog posts. (here’s a step-by-step tutorial on using the Yoast SEO plugin)
- Your money-saving strategies
- Your biggest pet peeves as a blogger.
- Interview a successful blogger on your blog.
- Your worst habits as a blogger.
- Things you had to overcome to become a blogger.
- Share your blogging goals with your readers.
- Tell us why you decided to become a blogger.
- Share your favorite WordPress plugins with us and why you use them. (check out my favorite WordPress plugins that I use for my blog)
- What some of your guilty pleasures are and why.
- Spring road trip ideas you have planned.
- How you stay organized as a blogger.
- Ways to keep your shoes organized.
- Share your morning routine with your readers.
- Tell us about your favorite childhood memory.
- What you carry in your purse or baggallini.
- The last roller coaster you rode.
- A funny thing that happened in your relationship.
- What to buy your father on Father’s Day.
- What to buy your mother on Mother’s Day.
- Share an embarrassing routine with us.
- Best career advice you’ve ever received.
- Gift guides for kids.
- Best gifts for bloggers they will love.
- How you manage to drink a gallon of water every day.
- What you love eating for lunch.
- What do you love about Summer?
- Talk about money.
- Tell us about your mistakes and what you’ve learned from them.
- Share your blogging lessons with us and what you learned from them.
- Write about your favorite gadgets (kitchen, gardening, blogging, and anything that comes to mind)
- Roundup your favorite bloggers and let us know why they are your favorite.
- Share your Pinterest mistakes with us so we can learn from them.
- What you do to practice self-care.
- Share a tutorial with us on something you learned to do. (Here’s one that will teach you how to start a blog)
- Apps you use on your phone and why you can’t live without them.
- A book or a movie that changed your life.
- Your tips for creating a successful social media account.
- How you decided to become an entrepreneur.
- Show us your home decor and why you chose it.
- Share some ideas for celebrating Earth Day.
- Your routine for writing blog posts and how often you write them.
- Share your favorite YouTube channels with us.
- Tell us about your blogging goals and if you’ve reached them.
- Gift ideas for Christmas.
- What you do to overcome writer’s block.
- A list of your favorite blogs you love to read.
- Share the blogging tools you use to manage your content calendar.
- Your next road trip and why.
- Share your favorite bbq recipes.
- What you do when you’re not blogging.
- What you have learned from your time as a blogger.
- Things you wish you would’ve known before starting your blog.
- The last place you went on vacation.
- Places you would love to travel and visit.
- Dealing with your blogging failures.
- Share your productivity tips.
- Share your computer workstation with us.
- Tell us about your home office space.
- What type of computer equipment you use to run your blog.
- Your favorite Netflix shows.
- How you handle your busy schedule.
- Why you chose the hosting account you use for your blog.
- Traits you had to develop to become a blogger.
- Blogging Q&A’s answer some of the top burning questions.
- How you handle negativity online.
- Do a roundup of your top 12 blog posts on your blog.
- Share your blog layout and how you format your blog posts.
- A tutorial on how you create your Pinterest images.
- Share your blogging schedule with us.
- The last blogging course you purchased and your review of it. (this is the last blogging course I purchased).
- Where do you prefer to write your blog content?
- What type of music do you have on your Spotify playlist?
- Tell us about your favorite cleaning supplies.
- Your favorite blog planner and why.
- Trade secrets of how you do your blog brainstorming.
- How to take great pictures for your blog as a DIY blogger.
- How you created your first digital product and how you did it.
- What you did to get your first ebook written. (here are the ebooks that I have written and currently, sell)
- How you renovated your home.
- How to choose the right paint colors.
- The cutest couches under $1000.
- Share pictures of your wall art.
- How you make extra money from home by selling on eBay or Craiglist. (I’ve sold some things on these sites for extra cash)
- Share your best blogging tips for new bloggers.
- Tell us what you do to overcome writer’s block.
- What do you listen to on your commute to work?
- How to decorate a small space.
- Your latest family vacation trip.
- What type of office chair you use and why you chose it.
- Tell us how you are nurturing your email list.
- Show us how you built your opt-in freebie (this is how I added my resource library in WordPress).
- What your morning routine looks like as a blogger.
- Tell us about your day job and what you like/dislike about it.
- Roundup your favorite posts that share the best holiday deals with your readers.
- 20 Things you should do before you reach 40 years old.
- What you regret not doing when you were younger.
- Tell us how your blog has changed your life.
- Your daily fitness routine.
- List 15 things we don’t know about you.
- Your favorite social media platforms and why.
- The last thing you purchased on Amazon and why.
- Which hotel you stayed at last and why you chose it.
- Your blogging tools wishlist of what you would get if money was not an issue.
- How you would grow your second blog faster than your first blog.
- Tell us about your office hours for your blogging business.
- Show us your bullet journal.
- What do you have written on your whiteboard?
- How do you handle goals when they are not met?
- Where you get your blogging education (courses/YouTube whatever you did to teach yourself)
- How you do your blogging research online. (keyword or anything you need to learn)
- Which Facebook Groups you visit on a daily basis.
- Your favorite restaurant and why you like it.
- Which public place you enjoy working on your blog (Starbucks or Barnes and Noble)
- Tell us about your latest self-published ebook and how you wrote it. (Here’s my latest ebook WordPress Complete Beginners Guide: A Reference Guide to Help You Set Up Your First WordPress Blog)
- What bothers you the most about blogging and why?
- What do you love the most about blogging and why?
- The process you used to come up with your blog name. (here’s a tutorial to help you choose a blog name)
- Top 10 Things you focus on to grow your blog.
- How often you invest in your blogging education and why?
- Do you prefer courses with video or without? (how do you prefer learning)
- Your weekend blogging schedule (or do you take the weekends off?)
- Which bloggers do you follow on more than one social media platform?
- How do you do blogger outreach? (do you take the time to do it)
- What was the hardest thing to learn about blogging?
- What tasks have you managed to let go as a blogger?
- Tell us how you celebrated your first-year blogiversary.
- How you take care of back and neck issues a blogger. (here’s an article that can help you avoid the hazards of blogging)
- Write a product review on a blogging tool you use every day.
- Share your style inspiration board.
- Tell us which skills you have developed since becoming a blogger.
- Host a giveaway on your blog.
- Host a webinar.
- Tell us why you started your Facebook Group and what you’re doing to grow it.
- What inspires you to keep blogging when you are not getting the results you want.
- 17 things you are grateful for.
- Share your favorite childhood memory.
- Share your video recording equipment and how you create your YouTube videos.
- Start a podcast and share it with your readers.
- Which Tailwind Tribes you use to help you grow your blog traffic.
- Share how you made a pin go viral on Pinterest.
- Tell us about your first blog interview experience.
- Write down all the thoughts that ran through your mind today.
- Your favorite stationery you love taking notes on.
- Guest post ideas for new bloggers.
- What you like doing for fun when you’re not blogging.
- 100 vlog topics you can use in the future.
- Best topics for women to share.
- Skin care products you use to help you stay younger looking.
- Snacks you love to eat on a road trip.
- How you decorate your workspace and the type of computer you use.
- Popular stretches for writers to avoid back and neck pain.
- 50 makeup blog ideas to help you look amazing.
- 75 fashion blog post ideas to help you feel your best.
- Your favorite vacation spot this Summer and why.
- How to get creative at the grocery store if you don’t have a big budget.
- How women over 40 stay in shape and keep it.
- What to do in a weekend in Chicago.
- How to raise respectful teenagers in today’s society.
- 45 Hair tips for busy mothers.
- How to decorate your home on a tight budget.
- 11 things to ask at a bloggers conference and why.
- 21 things to have in your vehicle for winter emergencies.
- What’s your biggest food obsession and why? (mine is hamburgers)
- What type of quizzes do you take online?
- 7 Things to see and do in Dallas.
- Why I decided to start my blog and why I chose this niche.
How to Use These Lifestyle Blog Ideas
Knowing what to write about and actually sitting down and writing content are two different things. I’m sorry I didn’t make the lifestyle blog post ideas list easier to navigate, my intention was to compile a huge list of lifestyle blog topics to help you get busy writing.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for fashion blog post ideas or blog post ideas for beauty bloggers. You can use this list to help you come up with some ideas that will fit your blog.
Just remember to use CoSchedule Headline Analyzer to come up with a great blog title to entice people to read your blog. Otherwise, your blog readership will never grow.
Related: How to Start A Lifestyle Blog
Coming Up With More Lifestyle Blog Ideas
One of the things that I’ve struggled with before in the past when writing on a blog that I wasn’t that passionate about was coming up with ideas for new blog posts.
For some reason, I just couldn’t do it no matter how hard I tried. The cool thing is that it doesn’t have to be that hard. There are so many new lifestyle blogs on the Internet all you have to do is find the right tools to help you uncover what people actually want to read.
For instance, Buzzsumo is a fantastic tool that will show you that will help you find some lifestyle post ideas. Here’s how to use it:
- This link gives you 5 free searches per day
- Go find some blogs in this niche that you follow and start putting in the URL
- You’re looking for the posts that have received at least 1,000 Pinterest shares in the last 6 months. (you can use a year if you want)
- Open up a Google Document and start jotting down the exact title and the URL of the popular post
- Once you’ve completed your five searches per day, it’s time to start writing
You now know which lifestyle post ideas are getting tons of shares on Pinterest. Your job is to sit down and write your own version of the popular post.
Remember, you’re not plagiarizing their content word for word. (that’s just wrong and will only get you into trouble.) Instead, you’re writing your own unique version of the blog post.
These lifestyle blog topics have already been proven to be popular and if you write a great post and create great images, you should be able to get some of that traffic.
Keep doing this every morning until you have a bunch of lifestyle blog ideas you can use for your own blog. Eventually, before you know it, you won’t have to do this anymore.
You’ll know what people want to read and by then you’ll have grown your own audience who is telling you what they want to read.
But honestly, it doesn’t hurt to do this every once in a while even when you know what to write about. The only thing you want to make sure is that when you do write a post for Pinterest, you want to make sure it’s optimized for both Pinterest and Google.
Final Take Away
Hopefully, you found this list helpful and can use at least one of them to write your next blog post. It doesn’t matter what type of blog you have.
You need to maintain a blogging schedule you can live with. This will help you develop fresh content on a regular basis so Google crawls your site and you start to get readers.
Oh, and don’t forget to promote your blog posts. I personally love writing content more than promotion, but without taking the time to promote you’ll never get readers for your blog.
Give your blog time to grow. One of the things that I have had to learn from this blog is patience. Blogging success doesn’t happen overnight, so don’t believe anyone who tells you that it does.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- How to Increase Page Views and Why You Should
- 5 Types of Blogs to Start If You Want to Make Money
- 15 Types of Blog Posts That Will Help It Grow Like Crazy
Have you ever written a post on any of these ideas? If not do you plan on using one for an upcoming post? Let me know, I’d love to hear how you come up with new content for your blog.