Last updated on December 24th, 2018 at 12:29 pm
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you
Whether you’re starting a fashion blog, mom blog or any other type of blog, the hardest part is coming up with fresh content ideas. That’s why I decided to research 77 fashion blog post ideas that will make your life easier.
What to Write About on A Fashion Blog?
If you’re new to blogging, then one of the most challenging things is coming up with unique content ideas. The great thing is that there are millions of blogs online, which is great and bad news.
The great news is that everything has already been written about several times. This removes all the pressure of trying to write about something new that no one has ever heard about.
There are millions of blogs online. This means that it’s going to be hard for a new blogger to get the attention they deserve.
You’re going to have to make your blog unique so it can stand out from all the thousands of fashion blogs. This is why you hear so many people say that you need come up with your own blogging voice and blog in a conversational tone.
It’s the easiest way to get people to relate to you and start attracting an audience. (although this doesn’t happen overnight)
I recommend reading this post on how I used KWFinder to help me uncover low competition keywords that I was actually able to rank for. The keywords that you target will make a huge difference on how long it takes you to see success.
My Biggest Mistake
One of the biggest mistakes I made when I started this blog was trying to write about my experience with WordPress. I’ve had quite a few people reach out to me for help with WordPress and thank me for my tutorials, however, it took me forever to finally start getting traffic from Google.
There’s just too much competition in the WordPress niche. There’s no way someone like me could make a dent in it. So I’ve pivoted and tweaked my blog to write more about blogging, affiliate tips as opposed to WordPress.
Why Am I Telling You This?
You might start out writing about beauty and fashion. However, as you build up your blog you might realize that you get more traction on your spring fashion blog posts.
It takes time to realize what direction you’ll be taking your blog in. Be gentle with yourself and just start writing. As long as you’re writing content that people are looking for, you’ll eventually grow your blog into a profitable venture.
Most people make the mistake of putting to much pressure on themselves when it comes to writing. They think that everything needs to be perfect, but it doesn’t.
As a blogger, you’ll learn something new from every blog post you write. You’ll realize that some content does a lot better than others. Make sure that you have Google Analytics installed, to help you keep track of what’s doing good and what your audience loves.
This will help you write more content that people like reading. Hopefully, these blog post content ideas help you overcome writer’s block.
I’ll also be sharing some tips that you can use to help you come up with your own blog ideas for writing. So stay tuned at the end of this list.
77 Fashion Blog Post Ideas That Will Make Your Blog Popular
- 5 Wardrobe essentials you can’t live without
- 17 Tips for shopping online at a bargain
- Season wish list
- Best camera for a fashion blogger
- 21 Fall outfits you’ll want to copy
- How to buy luxury outfits at a discount
- 51 Stunning bikinis for summer fun
- 101 Must have wardrobes of 2018
- How to look good in a t-shirt and jeans
- Fashion trends from 2017 that are popular
- What to wear on Valentines
- 7 Office outfits that will make you feel powerful
- Clothes that hide your belly bulge
- How to find your own style
- What’s in my gym bag
- How to look good while working out
- Recreate a celebrity’s look
- How to organize your wardrobe
- What to pack for a beach getaway
- Gift guides
- Must have items for women
- What to wear at a New Year’s party
- First date outfits
- Talk about your current trend and why you love it
- 11 ways to style (a white shirt, converse, jeans)
- style inspiration board
- How to shop on a budget
- Film inspired look
- What inspired your look
- The one thing you wear every day
- Your favorite pair of (shoes, jeans)
- When to wear a leather jacket
- Why you prefer leather over suede
- Your favorite place to shop for bargains
- Why you prefer online shopping
- Where you buy your clothing online
- How to find discount codes before you shop online
- Product reviews
- Worth the splurge items
- Share pictures of your favorite outfits
- Best colors to wear to make you look slim
- Top 11 outfits for winter
- How to go shopping on a budget of $100
- Why you shouldn’t shop when you’re angry
- Top 7 accessories to transform any outfit
- Top 11 outfits for summer
- Should you wear flip-flops with jeans
- What to pack for a road trip
- How to dress casually and still feel great
- Share fashion rules and tips
- What you wear on the weekends
- Colors that make you feel powerful
- How to choose the right wardrobe color for your skin tone
- Why you don’t shop online
- How to try on clothing properly before you buy
- 31 ways to save hundreds when shopping online
- How to get great deals at second-hand stores
- Host a clothing swap party
- Should you rent your next party outfit
- Be wary of outlet store prices
- How to avoid the expensive dry clean prices
- Be smart about flash sales
- How to set up price alerts for the items you really want
- Save money by shopping at a cash back site like Ebates, FatWallet and etc
- Top 11 outfits for autumn
- Should you wear hand me downs?
- How to dress for the office and feel powerful
- Your favorite store you like to shop at
- Share your typical workday outfit
- What is your favorite color you like wearing and why
- Recently celebrity look that has inspired you
- 7 funny outfits you can’t believe you’ve worn
- 11 outfits inspired from magazine articles
- Your favorite college t-shirt
- What to wear to a wedding
- Host a giveaway for an Amazon Gift card
How to Use This List
Now that you have a huge list of content marketing ideas, it’s time to choose one and start writing. Make sure that you take the time to properly optimize your blog post for both Google and Pinterest.
Once you’ve written your first blog post, you’ll want to repeat the process over and over. I’d recommend that you choose a blog schedule that you can live with this way your blog is being updated on a regular basis.
How Many Blog Posts Should I Publish Weekly?
Everyone that you ask is going to have a different response because the truth is that there is no right or wrong answer to this.
As a new blogger, you’ll want to write as many articles as you can until you have at least 30-50 posts.
Once you start getting some traffic to your blog, you can start paying attention to your Analytics and Google Search Console to see which keywords are starting to drive traffic to your blog.
You can use this information to go back and update old blog posts and see if you can increase the traffic to them. I’ve been doing this for a lot of my old posts and it is definitely helping me get more traffic from Google.
It sucks updating old blog posts, but it is definitely worth it. Plus you’ll see results a lot faster than ranking new blog posts. (although you’ll want to make sure that you’re still updating your blog with fresh content)
One of the things that I’ve been doing with all my new blog posts is making sure that they are written properly to give me a chance to rank on Google. If you’re new to blogging and have no clue what Google is looking for in blog posts, this will show you how to write Google friendly blog posts.
No it isn’t some shady system that teaches you how to game the system. I no longer do any of that type of stuff, I’m trying to build a profitable blog that lasts years not just till the next update.
How to Find New Ideas
One of the biggest time wasters is trying to brainstorm before you sit down to write. I’ve found it easier to write 3x per week because I have tons of blog post ideas at my fingertips.
Yes, I had to sit down and do some brainstorming with LongTailPro and KWFinder to make sure that it was worth my effort. However, I set aside some time to brainstorm a bunch of ideas, that way when I was ready to write, all I had to do was write.
You’ll become more efficient if you do a bunch of brainstorming and then sit down and write. Here are a few places you can find some topics for upcoming posts.
I’d suggest that you create a Google Document and just put everything you find on it. This way you can just grab your content ideas from there when you’re ready to write.
It took me so long to realize how powerful this tool is to find popular blog topics. The fashion niche does extremely well on Pinterest, so I’d recommend you search that platform for popular blogs in this niche.
Use Buzzsumo to help you find which blog posts have received tons of shares. You can then write your own version of that blog topic. Be sure to check out this post on why it’s important to create your own popular blog topics list before writing a word.
Chances are you read other fashion blogs, if not, you should. Find out what they are writing about. Some bloggers are generous enough to share their popular posts on a sidebar widget.
Don’t forget to pay attention to the comment section. Sometimes you can come up with some great ideas for your next article just by reading the comments.
Blog Post Ideas Generator
There are literally tons of different resources you can use to help you come up with your next article. The one that comes to mind is the Portent Content generator.
I’ve seen people ask “what they would like to see on so and so blog.” The great thing is that you’ll get a bunch of different responses and who knows some of them may be perfect for your next article.
Don’t forget to do your due diligence to see what the competition is like before you write it. Otherwise, you’ll be writing content that you have no chance for ranking on Google. (I’ve done that and it’s no fun)
Final Take Away
Starting a blog is the easy part, if you still haven’t started one, then be sure to check out my step-by-step tutorial that will walk you through on staring your own blog.
You can’t expect to write 5 posts and get a bunch of traffic. It takes time to grow a blog, and you can’t expect overnight results.
Some people grow a lot faster than others. But you can’t compare yourself to other people, otherwise, you’ll go crazy.
Put your head down and keep writing helpful content that your audience loves and make sure that you’re promoting it.
Eventually, you’ll start to see traffic and profits roll in.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- 111 Mom Blog Ideas That Will Inspire You and Make You Money
- 171 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas That Will Last An Entire Year
- First Blog Post Ideas That Will Help You Get Traffic