So you started a blog and now are ready to monetize it right? Maybe you’ve been searching Google for the best affiliate products to promote and are confused with all the information that comes up? If so, you’re in the right place, we’re going to discuss where to find affiliate products online and how to promote them.
*This page contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you
First A Quick Story
I remember starting my very first affiliate site back sometime around 2009. (I didn’t experience fast enough results, so I dropped it like a bad cold)
All I remember is floundering around like a fish out of water. I knew nothing about affiliate programs or even how to find the top selling products.
All I knew was that I wanted to make money online and I wanted to make it now.
Hence, the reason that I didn’t make any money. If I remember correctly, that site didn’t even last 6 months.
There’s a right way to promote affiliate products and the wrong way.
Today, we’re just going to be talking about the right way to find the best products to promote for your audience. This will keep you from having to wait months just to make your first sale.
Once you make your first sale, then you’ll know that it’s totally possible to earn money online with your computer.
7 Ways to Find Affiliate Products to Promote to Make Money
#1 Your Personal Experience
Have you ever purchased a product or service that you absolutely love? If so, then you definitely need to find out if they have an affiliate program that you can join.
There’s no easier way to earn commissions online if you share something that you absolutely love. When someone comes to your blog or website and they read your affiliate review, they’ll know that you’re recommending something you love.
Why This Works So Well
Before making a purchase online, most people will go to Google and type in “name of the product review.” They will sit there and read tons of different reviews before making the decision to buy or not.
If they come upon your review that is genuine and NOT just to make a profit, there’s a good chance that they will buy from your link.
No one wants to be sold to and I’ve found the easiest way to make money products is to share your personal experience.
Tell The Truth
This means that you need to share both the good and the bad. It’s completely normal if you just want to highlight the good stuff and ignore the bad.
We’ve been taught that bad is bad and we should avoid it. That’s NOT the case when it comes to making sales online. You have to disclose everything about the product.
The more information you provide about the product, the more sales you will make.
Remember, you’re NOT trying to make the actual sale, that’s the job of the sales page. Your job is just to be open and honest about the product by providing your readers with all the information.
They will decide if it’s right for them. If you approach affiliate marketing like this, you’ll stand a much better chance of converting browsing customers into buyers.
Amazon is most everyone’s go-to place to shop whenever they want to buy something online. They have a huge marketplace that sells everything. Whether you’re looking for baby diapers or new car seat covers, they have you covered.
Most brand new affiliates start with the Amazon Associates Program to find affiliate products to sell.
Why Use Amazon?
They have all kinds of products, which makes it easy to find something in virtually any niche to promote. They are also:
- Trusted by many people. In fact, many people who buy online will only buy from Amazon, or it’s the first place they look to do some comparison shopping. They know that Amazon will deliver, it doesn’t matter if they drunk-shopped or bought at 3:00 AM.
- They have everything that you can think of. This is what makes it so appealing for new marketers.
- You have the opportunity to make more money on upsells. Amazon is the king of upsells, whenever you buy a product, they always recommend other items. You get a commission on everything they buy in a 24 hour period after clicking on your link.
- Amazon rewards their top-selling affiliates by increasing your commissions. Amazon commissions start at around 4% depending on the category you’re selling in. I know that’s not a lot, but if you can make a lot of sales, they will increase your commission rate. I’d recommend checking into the commission rate so you can be sure how to make money with the program.
They have huge seasonal sales that can help you make a lot of sales as well. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge for marketers and if you have a well thought out strategy, you can make a killing.
You’ll need to sign up for the correct affiliate program for your country location, or you can sign up with all of them. The downside is that you’ll need to apply to all of them separately.
ShareASale is one of my favorite affiliate networks that cater to all kinds of products with different categories. These include anything from clothing to B2B programs. They are perfect for mommy bloggers to lifestyle bloggers.
Why Use ShareASale?
- They offer tons of creatives from banners, text links, data feeds and other marketing tools to help you make sales.
- Their real-time report analytics helps you keep track of your conversions and view your report in real time.
- You get access to their training videos inside of your affiliate dashboard.
- They pay their affiliates on a timely basis. You can get paid via PayPal, direct deposit, or wire transfer.
FlexOffers has been in business for over 10 years and publishers have access to over 10,000 advertisers they can join. They cover over 25 different categories that will fit any niche. They offer many different features for their publishers, such as deep linking and their FlexRev program.
Why Use FlexOffers?
- Access to over 10,000 publishers, which offers a huge opportunity no matter what your content or interests are.
- Detailed reports to help track your conversions, earnings per click, and sales by geographic location and date.
- Support via ticket system, phone, or email.
Previously known as Affiliate Window, but now known as “AWIN,” after acquiring Zanix. They are UK’s biggest affiliate network, with the U.S. network growing rapidly. Publishers have access to over 13,000 active advertisers they can choose from. At the time of this writing, there are over 1,600 brands across 77 sectors in 11 territories worldwide.
Why Use AWIN?
AWIN has several categories that will suit any niche. That being said, they tend to have more verticals in the financial, travel products, retail shopping (fashion), sports, home and garden, and beauty niches.
They work with some well-known brands such as Etsy, AliExpress, and Hyatt.
You can make money by joining programs to promote, plus you can earn commissions for referring other affiliates to the AWIN program. Although, you won’t actually earn a commission until they make their first affiliate sale.
They pay their affiliates twice a month and you have a low $20 minimum threshold.
Clickbank has been known it the Internet marketing niche for several years. The company was founded in 1998 and is known for their digital sales and information products like E-books. They have been known to offer some low-quality products, but lately, they have revamped their review process for affiliates.
Why You Should Use Clickbank?
- They are easy to join and have thousands of digital products in various categories that will suit any niche.
- Offer weekly payouts with different payout options.
- Real-time reports that make it easy to view your refunds, cancellations and all data regarding sales.
#7 CJ Affiliant by Conversant
Formerly known as Commission Junction, CJ Affiliate by Conversant (or CJ) has been online for over 17 years. It is one of the largest affiliate marketing programs available. At the time of this writing, there are more than 3,000 merchants. You can easily find some of the top brand name merchants like Lowe’s Home Improvement, Home Depot, Overstock Barnes & Noble and more.
Why You Should Use CJ Affiliate by Conversant?
- Free and easy for anyone with a website or blog to sign up.
- Their net-20 payment means that they put your commissions every month. You have the option to receive payments via check or direct deposit.
- Flexibility to choose among thousands of publishers you can work with.
This can be a great program to find products to promote. However, as an affiliate publisher, you’ll find there is a lot more competition and it might be harder to get approved for big brand merchants if your blog is still brand new.
How to Make Money Promoting Products?
Now that you know where to find products to promote online, your next question is how do I actually make money?
Well, it’s not as hard as you think. As I mentioned above, your job isn’t to sell the product or service. Your job is to drive quality traffic to the sales page so they can convert people into buyers.
If you’re looking to make money from your website or blog, consider these Amazon alternatives. Make sure that you’re promoting the best affiliate programs that are easier to convert into sales.
The Biggest Mistake Most New Affiliates Make
I know you want to make money with your blog, but the worst thing you can do is try to join all these programs. I suggest joining 2-3 of them and finding products that fit your blog nicely.
If you’re trying to promote too many products at once, you’ll have a hard time making sales. Not only that, but some programs like CJ will deactivate your account if you don’t make a sale in a specific amount of time.
So be sure to keep that in mind when you’re trying to decide on the best products to advertise on your blog.
Final Take Away
Don’t be scared to start promoting products on your blog. You won’t really know what’s going to covert easily or what your readers want until you start testing things out.
Pay attention to your analytics and if something isn’t converting good, then it’s time to find another product to take its place. Just like anything else, it takes testing to see what is actually converting well and what isn’t.
If you’ve been an affiliate marketer for a while and still not seeing results from your effort. I highly suggest that you invest in some affiliate marketing training programs to help you come up with a better strategy.
Remember, if done correctly this can be a lucrative business. Just like any business, it takes time to see results from your efforts. Whatever you do, don’t give up.
There are several people like you and me who started from nothing and are now making a full-time income with just affiliate marketing.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- How to Promote Affiliate Links That Will Help You Out
- 11 Creative Ways to Make Money With Your Computer
- How to Learn Affiliate Marketing and Actually Make Money
These are just a few different ways to find products to promote. Think of this list as a starting point to find that perfect product that brings you passive income month after month.